All posts seem to begin with ‘it’s been a while since I posted’. Maybe there should be a wordpress plugin for adding that sentence.
Anyway, it has, at least in part because I was busy traveling all over the world this summer for research-related activities. Here’s a little roundup:
- Presented a workshop at the 2016 Analytical Approaches to World Music Conference in New York
- Traveled to Bali for three weeks to participate in the Çudamani Summer Institute
- Traveled from Bali to Timor-Leste to present the results of the 2015 Heritage Inventory to community members in Suai
- Traveled (overland!) from Timor-Leste to Indonesian Timor to visit Philip & Tinuk Yampolsky in Betun
- Traveled to Penang, Malaysia (via Jakarta) to present a paper at the 4th Symposium of the ICTM Study Group on Performing Arts of Southeast Asia (PASEA)
- Traveled to Guangzhou, China, for one day, just because my plane stopped over on the way home 🙂
A summer of amazing opportunities and adventures. I’m trying to process the material I gathered while I was there, and if I can manage to post it here I will.